Christie first wrote a stage play under title Towards Zero in 1945, with one week of performances in Martha's Vineyard. The script was uncovered in 2015 by Julius Green.
It was performed in 2019 at The Maddermarket Theatre, Norwich, England, using the play as written by Agatha Christie in 1945 and recently "unearthed by author Julius Green." As the only prior staging using this script was in Martha's Vineyard in the US, the theatre claims this as the first performance of this version of the 1945 stage play in Europe.
2019 Norwich production
The play was directed by Becky Sweet.
- Becky Sweet as Lady Tressilian
- Lee Johnson as Neville Strange
- Lucinda Bray as Kay Strange
- Kiera Long as Audrey Strange
- Jen Alexander as Thomas Royde
- Carol Hunt as MacGregor
- Diane Webb as Collie
- Terry Cant as O'Donnell
- Ray Tempesta as Angus McWhirter
- Ian Shepherd as Inspector Leach
- Stephen Goldsmith as Sergeant Harvey
- Matthew Pinkerton as Dr Wilson
- Paul Ellingford as Peter De Costa