When Belgian sleuth, Hercule Poirot retires to the country to grow vegetable marrows, he soon discovers that someone has planted the seeds of treachery ....and of murder.
The novel was adapted as a 1½-hour radio play for BBC Radio 4 first broadcast on December 24, 1987. John Moffatt made the first of his many performances as Poirot. The adaptation was broadcast at 7.45pm and was recorded on November 2 of the same year.
- John Moffatt as Hercule Poirot
- John Woodvine as Doctor Sheppard
- Laurence Payne as Roger Ackroyd
- Diana Olsson as Caroline Sheppard
- Eva Stuart as Miss Russell
- Peter Gilmore as Raymond
- Zelah Clarke as Flora
- Simon Cuff as Inspector Davis
- Deryck Guyler as Parker, the Butler
With Richard Tate, Alan Dudley, Joan Matheson, David Goodland, Peter Craze, Karen Archer and Paul Sirr