The Moving Finger is the tenth of a series of radio plays starring June Whitfield as Miss Marple. It was first broadcast by BBC Radio 4 in 2001 and is an adaptation of the Agatha Christie novel of the same name.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The sleepy little market town of Lymstock harbours more than its share of shameful secrets. A town where even a sudden outbreak of anonymous hate-mail causes only a minor stir.
But all of that changes when one of the recipients tragically commits suicide.
Miss Marple's knowledge of wickedness and her nose for evil are desperately needed. Can she manage to prevent another suicide - or even, murder...?
Cast[edit | edit source]
- June Whitfield as Jane Marple
- Nicholas Boulton as Jerry Burton
- Clare Corbett as Joanna Burton
- Roger May as Dr Owen Griffith
- Elizabeth Bell as Aimée Griffith
- Annabelle Dowler as Megan Hunter
- Hugh Dickson as Richard Symmington
- Patricia Scott as Mrs Maud Dane Calthrop
- Jenny Funnell as Elsie Holland
- Katherine Parr as Miss Partridge
- Sion Probert as Superintendent Nash