The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side is the sixth of a series of radio plays starring June Whitfield as Miss Marple. It was first broadcast by BBC Radio 4 in 1998 and is an adaptation of the Agatha Christie novel of the same name.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
After her husband died, Dolly Bantry sold Gossington Hall to ex-film star Marina Gregg and her husband. When the glamorous couple throw a benefit for the local hospital, the grounds are thronged with curious visitors, but for one of them, the day ends in tragedy.
It is up to sharp-witted sleuth Miss Marple to discover who was really meant to take the poison that killed the poor victim...
Cast[edit | edit source]
- June Whitfield as Jane Marple
- Ian Lavender as Chief Inspector Dermot Craddock
- Gayle Hunnicutt as Marina Gregg
- James Laurenson as Jason Rudd
- Pauline Jameson as Dolly Bantry
- Jane Whittenshaw as Cherry Baker
- Liz Goulding as Ella Zielinsky
- John Hartley as Dr Gilchrist
- Saverio Deodato as Giuseppe
- Suzy Aitchison as Miss Knight
- Jilly Bond as Heather Badcock
- David Timson as Arthur Badcock/Vicar
- Nigel Anthony as Ardwyck Fenn
- Joanna Monro as Lola Brewster
- Sarah-Jane Holm as Margot Bence
- David Antrobus as Inspector Cornish.