Syria is a country in Western Asia, bordering Lebanon to the southwest, the Mediterranean Sea to the west, Turkey to the north, Iraq to the east, Jordan to the south, and Israel to the southwest.
Agatha Christie and Syria
- Agatha wrote about her experiances in Syria in her book Come, Tell Me How You Live. Among them are when she accompanied Max Mallowan at archaeological digs at Chagar Bazar and Tell Brak.
Syria in the works by Agatha Christie
- Before returning to England via the Orient Express, Hercule Poirot solved a case in Syria. (Murder on the Orient Express)
- Before travelling through Hassanieh, Hercule Poirot has solved a case in Syria. (Murder in Mesopotamia)
- Lady Constance Culmington, a friend of Lawrence Wargrave, lives in Syria. (And Then There Were None)
- Joan Scudamore is stranded in a small town in Syria. (Absent in the Spring)
- A group of people travel by bus, from Damascus to Baghdad. (The Gate of Baghdad)