Egypt is a country on the northeast corner of the African continent. The country has a long and rich history, tracing its heritage back to the 6th–4th millennia BCE.
Egypt and Agatha Christie
In 1942 Max Mallowan was posted in Egypt. He didn’t return to England until 1945.
Egypt in the works by Agatha Christie
- The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb (1923)
- The Shadow on the Glass (1924), the backstory takes place in Cairo the year before.
- Death on the Nile (short story) (1933)
- Death on the Nile (novel) (1937)
- Akhnaton (play) (1937), set in Thebes in the 14th century BC.
- Appointment with Death (1938), Sarah King had travelled from Cairo to Jerusalem.
- Death Comes as the End (1944), set in Thebes in 2000 BC.
- Crooked House (1949), Charles Hayward and Sophia Leonides first meet in Egypt.
- They Came to Baghdad (1951), the flights from England to Baghdad went via Egypt.
- Snow Upon the Desert (unpublished novel)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.