Chipping Cleghorn is a large sprawling picturesque English village. It has a butcher, a baker, a grocer, a quite a good antique shop, and two teashops. The village has its own newspaper, the Chipping Cleghorn Gazette.
Chipping Cleghorn is located fifty minutes by bus from Milchester. A village named Locke Hamlet is located in the same parish.
At Dayas Hall
At the vicarage
- Dr Griffiths
- Julia, waitress at the Blue Bird Tea Room and Café
- Johnnie Butt, the paperboy.
- Mr Elliot
- Mrs Finch
- Mr Totman
- Jim Huggins, his wife Mrs Huggins
- Reverend Hopkinson
- The Smedleys, selling their 1935 Daimler
- Selina Lawrence, advertising for a cook