1936: The enigmatic Mr Shaitana hosts an unusual dinner party. His guests include four sleuths - including Hercule Poirot - and four suspected murderers.
After dinner, the guests play bridge, with the sleuths in one room and the suspects in another, where Shaitana watches on. By the end of the game, Shaitana has been fatally stabbed with a weapon from his collection.
From Agatha Christie's 1936 novel dramatised by Michael Bakewell.
Director: Enyd Williams.
First broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in 2002.
- John Moffat as Hercule Poirot
- Stephanie Cole as Ariadne Oliver
- Donald Sinden as Colonel Race
- Ioan Meredith as Superintendent Battle
- Christopher Godwin as Mr Shaitana
- David Timson as Dr Roberts
- Mary Wimbush as Mrs Lorrimer
- Helen Longworth as Anne Meredith
- Nigel Anthony as Major Despard
- Sarah Paul as Rhoda Dawes
- Marlene Sidaway as Mrs Luxmore
- Ewan Bailey as The Butler