At Bertram's Hotel is the third of a series of radio plays starring June Whitfield as Miss Marple. It was first broadcast by BBC Radio 4 in 1995 and is an adaptation of the Agatha Christie novel of the same name.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Deceptively mild amateur sleuth, Jane Marple is being treated to a short holiday in London by her niece. Staying at the dignified, unostentatious Bertram's Hotel, tucked away in a back street of busy Mayfair - here guests can indulge in comforts of a bygone age.
But Miss Marple begins to feel uneasy. Something sinister lurks beneath the polished veneer. Why are so many major crimes associated in some way with the hotel or somehow implicate the eminently respectable people staying there?
Cast[edit | edit source]
- June Whitfield as Jane Marple
- Frederick Jaeger as Chief Inspector Davy
- Siân Phillips as Bess Sedgwick
- Maurice Denham as Canon Pennyfather
- Jillie Meers as Miss Gorringe
- John Hartley as Michael Gorman
- Preston Lockwood as Archdeacon Simmons
- David Timson as Inspector Campbell
- Geoffrey Whitehead as Mr Humfries
- Gavin Muir as Ladislaus Malinowski
- Patrick Allen as Sir Ronald Graves
- Geoffrey Bayldon as Colonel Luscombe