A Murder is Announced is the ninth of a series of radio plays starring June Whitfield as Miss Marple. It was first broadcast by BBC Radio 4 on 9 August 1999 and is an adaptation of the Agatha Christie novel of the same name.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The villagers of Chipping Cleghorn, including Miss Jane Marple, are agog with curiosity over an ad in the local gazette which reads: 'A murder is announced and will take place on Friday October 29th at Little Paddocks at 6.30pm'.
As the time approaches, the crowds gather at Little Paddocks and then the lights go out. Surely it must be a hoax...?
Cast[edit | edit source]
- June Whitfield as Miss Marple
- John Castle as Inspector Craddock
- Graham Crowden as Sir Henry Clithering
- Sarah Lawson as Miss Blacklock
- Judy Cornwell as Miss Bunner
- Jamie Glover as Patrick Simmons
- Angela Sims as Julia Simmons
- Sarah Rice as Phillipa Haymes
- Jenny Funnell as Mitzi
- Jack Hedley as Colonel Easterbrook
- Joanna McCallum as Laura Easterbrook
- Elizabeth Bell as Miss Hinchcliffe
- Alice Arnold as Miss Murgatroyd
- Molly Gaisford as “Bunch” Harmon